Relations between Georgia and Bulgaria
Diplomatic relations between Georgia and Bulgaria were established on June 5, 1992.
Ambassadors of Georgia to the Republic of Bulgaria:
- Tamar Liluashvili - 2018 - ongoing
- Zurab Beridze - 2014-2018
- Levan Metreveli - 2012-2013
- Mikheil Ukleba - 2008-2012
- Teimuraz Sharashenidze - 2004-2008
Ambassadors of the Republic of Bulgaria to Georgia:
- Desislava Ivanova - 2016-ongoing
- Plamen Bonchev - 2012-2016
- Branimir Radev - 2007-2012
- Ivaylo Brazitsov - 2003-2007
Main areas of cooperation: Georgia and the Republic of Bulgaria have traditionally had friendly and partner relations. Political dialogue is regularly held in both bilateral and multilateral formats. There is a solid contractual framework between the two countries, which regulates almost all areas of cooperation. The Republic of Bulgaria actively supports Georgia's integration into European and Euro-Atlantic structures.
In 2017-2019, the Embassy of the Republic of Bulgaria performed the functions of the NATO Embassy in Georgia. Cooperation in the fields of economy, energy, transport, culture and education is also dynamic.